6 Tips For Planning Your Second Career
1. What kind of legacy do you want
2. Think about what your financial needs and wants are for you and your family. Discuss the sale of the business with your significant others in your life.
3. Make an assessment of your business. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the business. What are the opportunities for a new owner? What kind of financial records are available for the business.
4. Research the Marketplace. What businesses have sold recently and what ingredients would make your business sell in the current market.
5. Connect with professionals. Discuss your ideas with an accountant, attorney, banker, and business broker. Assemble a team so that all the aspects of selling your business can work synergistically to the same goal.
6. Make a thoughtful decision to proceed with all of the facts in hand.
Back to Top of Page
Sunbelt Business Brokers works with individual, strategic, private equity groups, and corporate buyers in their search for appropriate businesses to purchase. We seek to help our customers enter new markets, enhance their market position, or achieve growth through acquisition of both private and publicly held companies. Our transaction team works cooperatively with buyers in identifying acquisition objectives based on personal and/or business growth needs.
Working on a retainer basis, we will conduct a targeted acquisition search based on solid market and industry analysis, identifying and approaching possible candidates within the targeted search range to determine their interest in divesting or selling their business interests.
Once an appropriate acquisition candidate has been identified, we:
- Assist in determining realistic pricing structure of the acquisition candidate.
- Assist in making an offer.
- Negotiate the offer and formulate a favorable deal structure package.
- Assist in conducting comprehensive due diligence of the acquisition candidate.
- Orchestrate a solid transaction agreement favorable to all involved parties.
- Assist with arrangement of financing.
- Arrange for timely execution of closing documents and smooth transition.
Whether your goal is expansion of present holdings, addition of greater customer base, or entrance into new industry or geographic markets, our team will make the acquisition as smooth as possible.
Back to Top of Page
An accurate valuation of your business is one of the most important things when considering the sale, purchase, or partner share repurchase of a company. Determining a precise value requires a vast range of technical and business proficiencies combined with the use of accredited valuation techniques as well as a thorough understand of today's markets, and corporate finance.
Sunbelt Business Brokers feel an appraisal of your business is the best way to start the process of selling, buying, or analyzing opportunities for your company's future. Sunbelt provides comprehensive valuation packages to meet all needs. Our professional partners follow standard guidelines established by the American Society of Appraisers and hold the highest industry designations, making them experts in the valuation field. The team has spent countless hours compiling comparisons for thousands of industries giving them the most comprehensive and comparable transaction databases. They complete a business valuation report tailored to specific business, and financial needs. Sunbelt Business Brokers offer the following Valuation report options:
Summary Report Appraisal
The summary appraisal serves as an evaluation for many of the national
banks for SBA loans and litigation purposes. This third party evaluation
is performed by a privately owned financial advisory firm specializing
in business valuations, fairness opinions and litigation support. The
third party is ASA-accredited appraiser. The report utilizes
9-10 evaluation methodologies plus a nationwide comparison of
businesses sold in the same industry. (25-35 pages) Requires 2-3 weeks